Sri Lankan Rice
Sri Lankan Chef Lalith from the Soneva Fushi Six Senses kitchen in the beautiful Maldives shows Mona Farrugia how to make a staple part of Sri Lankan 'Rice and Curry'
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
2 inches cinnamon stick
2 heaped tablespoons ghee or coconut butter
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic (or garlic paste)
1 teaspoon turmeric
4 cups of long-grain rice
- Dry fry the cardamom, add the cinnamon until you can smell the fragrance.
- Add the ghee or coconut butter and fry the onion and garlic on a low heat.
- Add the turmeric
- Add the rice and then add water immediately. The water should top the rice by around 1 cm.
- Mix all and boil, then simmer quietly until the water is absorbed
- Add around a teaspoon of salt
To comment please login.