Angelica, Valletta - Malta: We need Biscuit, Cupcake, Cake and Candle Makers
Angelica is Valletta's most beautiful cafe and it is growing by the minute. If you are interested in supplying us, please read on.
Every day, we at Angelica in Archbishop Street, Valletta run out of food. We can hardly keep up with supply.
This is great: it means we can keep everything fresh and scrumptuous, as attested by the hundreds who have visited, eaten and drank since we opened. We have a very strong quality ethic: all our vegetables come from the Farmers' Market, our gbejniet from real sheep, our coffee is Italian standard (and Italy prices) and our teas are Suki and come out in a teapot accompanied by real china.
So our suppliers need to keep to the same levels. Please read the following carefully and see if this applies to you:
1. We are not interested in mixes, frozen cakes and artificial anything: you'd be working with our wholesalers and suppliers to buy the freshest and most genuine ingredients. If you do otherwise you need to let us know.
2. You work with our recipes or disclose yours: this is a legal obligation as we need to know exactly what goes into the food we serve our esteemed customers.
3. We pay once a month against your invoice
4. We have standards and we expect you to have them too: if you deliver less than high quality work then we cannot possibly accept to sell it to our customers.
5. This is not a cute hobby and you do not do it 'if you feel like'. 'If we feel like' is what we do to put a cake on our family's table. Everything else is a job and needs to be approached professionally and consistently
6. You need to know how to cost: please do not come to us without prices of items
If the above is fine, nay, what you expect, then read on as we are looking for all of the following to keep up with demand at Angelica:
1. A cupcake-maker, producing unfinished cupcakes to our specifications
2. A cake-maker, producing around 4 different flavour/texture of cakes
3. A biscuit-maker producing around 4 different types of biscuits and cookies
4. A tart-maker to make savouries
5. A pork-pie maker to make, as expected, pork pies
You could be an expert at two or three of the above but whatever you produce you need to be able to do it fast and consistently.